- Bitcoin has gained over 2% of its value and broke above $8,000, the next barrier is seen at $8,200
- Litecoin is the worst performing cryptocurrency of the day, down 3%.
The cryptocurrency market has switched back into a bullish mode with Bitcoin and all major altcoins except for Litecoin showing substantial gains. The cryptocurrency market capitalization increased to $260 billion from $253 billion on Wednesday; an average daily trading volume crept to $65 billion amid growing trading activity.
Top-3 coins price overview
- BTC/USD settled above $8,000 after a strong upside move on Wednesday. At the time of writing, BTC/USD is changing hands at $8,118, off the intraday high of $8,196. The coin is vulnerable to correction due to a host of selling orders located on the approach to the critical $8,200.
- Ethereum, the second largest digital asset with the current market capitalization of $27.5 billion, recovered to $260 handle after a drop below $230 on Monday. The coin has grown by 4.5% in recent 24 hours and moved into positive territory on a weekly basis.
- Ripple's XRP is hovering below $0.40, as the bullish momentum cannot gain traction. The third largest coin with the current market capitalization of $17.1 has gained 2.3$ from this time on Wednesday to trade at $0.4052 by press time.
The biggest market-movers
- Litecoin (LTC) has turned from the growth leader to an outsider. The 12th largest coin with the current market capitalization of $8.3 billion has lost over 3% in recent 24 hours to trade at $135.60 by press time.
- Cardano (ADA) is a strong performer today. The coin is changing hands at $0.0946, with over 7% of gains.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of FXStreet nor its advertisers. The author will not be held responsible for information that is found at the end of links posted on this page.
If not otherwise explicitly mentioned in the body of the article, at the time of writing, the author has no position in any stock mentioned in this article and no business relationship with any company mentioned. The author has not received compensation for writing this article, other than from FXStreet.
FXStreet and the author do not provide personalized recommendations. The author makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or suitability of this information. FXStreet and the author will not be liable for any errors, omissions or any losses, injuries or damages arising from this information and its display or use. Errors and omissions excepted.
The author and FXStreet are not registered investment advisors and nothing in this article is intended to be investment advice.