- All major coins are in the red zone during Asian hours on Monday
- Bitcoin stays unchanged.
Bitcoin stays unchanged, while the vast majority of altcoins are in decline. The total market capitalization has reduced to $169 billion, down from $171 billion on Monday. The average daily trading volumes climbed to $44 billion from $39 billion the day before.
Top-3 coins price overview:
- Bitcoin stays in the middle of $5,100-$5,200 range, mostly unchanged both since the beginning of the day and since this time on Sunday. From the short-term perspective, the world’s biggest digital coin has an upside bias, though the volatility is shrinking.
- Ethereum staged an impressive recovery from the intraday low of $156.80 towards $160.00 handle. The second largest virtual coin has gained over 2% in recent hours, though it is mostly unchanged since this time on Monday.
- Ripple’s XRP slipped marginally below $0.3000 to trade at $0.2980 by press time. The third largest coin has been trading with bearish bias during early Asian hours amid shrinking volatility.
The biggest market-movers:
- Binance Coin (BNB), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Ontology (ONT) has lost over 4% in recent 24 hours amid general bearish trend amid altcoins.
- Meanwhile, NEO is the best-performing coin with nearly 2% of gains since this time on Monday.
- The market is driven mostly by speculative sentiments and positioning, despite some positive fundamental developments, including the launch of instant cross-border payments by Saudi British Bank and the launch of IOTA-based solution by Jaguar.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of FXStreet nor its advertisers. The author will not be held responsible for information that is found at the end of links posted on this page.
If not otherwise explicitly mentioned in the body of the article, at the time of writing, the author has no position in any stock mentioned in this article and no business relationship with any company mentioned. The author has not received compensation for writing this article, other than from FXStreet.
FXStreet and the author do not provide personalized recommendations. The author makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or suitability of this information. FXStreet and the author will not be liable for any errors, omissions or any losses, injuries or damages arising from this information and its display or use. Errors and omissions excepted.
The author and FXStreet are not registered investment advisors and nothing in this article is intended to be investment advice.