- The market collapsed, the downside momentum si gaining traction.
- Major altcoins are nursing significant losses.
Cryptocurrency market is blood red. Bitcoin and all major cryptocurrencies are nursing substantial losses amid growing bearish sentiments. The total capitalization of all digital assets in circulation collapsed to $168 billion, from $181 on Thursday, while an average daily trading volume increased to $59B, compared to $53 billion on Thursday.
Top-3 coins price overview:
- Bitcoin (BTC) is hovering around $5,000 handle at the time of writing. The coin has lost about 6% on a day-on-day basis and stayed unchanged since the beginning of Friday, moving in a tight range amid low volatility.
- Ethereum (ETH) recovered from an intraday low of $159.74 to change hands at $163.50 at the time of writing. The coin has lost 7.6% on a daily basis and 1% form the start of the day. The second largest coin is moving within a bearish trend in sync with the rest of the market.
- Ripple’s XRP stays marginally above $0.3200. The third largest digital asset has lost nearly 8% in recent 24 hours and 2% since the beginning of Asian session on Friday. The short-term trend is bearish.
The biggest market-movers:
- Bitcoin SV is the biggest loser out of top-20 coins. It has lost over 14% of its value to trade at $69.62 at the time of writing amid growing downside momentum.
- Ontology (ONT), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Ethereum Classic (ETC), Maker (MKR) are nursing losses over 12%.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.