- BTC/USD bulls stop short of $5,300.
- The price is sandwiched between strong support and resistance areas.
Bitcoin (BTC) capped by $5,300. The largest digital asset touched $5,298 high during Asian hours but failed to break above the critical resistance as the upside momentum was not strong enough to take the price above a cluster of short-term sell orders.
Bitcoin confluence levels
BTC/USD is still sandwiched in a tight range and, technically, little has changed since this time on Wednesday. While the price continues moving within an upside channel, we may see a retreat towards its lower boundary before the growth is resumed.
- $5,270-$5,300 - A cluster of technical levels located right above the current price include a host of SMA levels, 23.6% Fibo retracement daily, 38.2% Fibo retracement weeky, upper boundary of 15-min Bollinger Band.
- $5,350 - 23.6% Fibo retracement weekly and Pivot Point 1-day Resistance 3.
- $5,468 - he previous week high
- $5,220-$5,200 - 38.2% Fibo retracement daily, 61.8% Fibo retracement daily, and a middle line of a 1-hour Bollinger Band and a host of SMA levels.
- $5,140 - SMA200 and SMA50 4-hour, SMA100 1-hour, middle line of a 1-hour Bollinger Band
- $4,960 - middle line of 1-day Bollinger Band, previous week low.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.