Charting and Analysis
MotiveWave uses a component-based architecture that allows you to drag and drop analysis components onto a live chart. Currently supporting over 80 different components, MotiveWave enables you to do many different forms of analysis:
- General Analysis - Classical analysis: trend lines, channels, regression, cycles, forks, more...
- Advanced Commentary - Formatted text, callouts, annotations, notes, arrows, markers and more.
- Fibonacci - Enough for even the most advanced Fibonacci enthusiast.
- Elliott Wave - Complete support for Elliott Wave Theory.
- Gann - Easy to use set of Gann components.
With over 20 different Mouse Tools, manipulating charts and creating components is quick and convenient.
With over 50 of the most popular studies and overlays, MotiveWave is sure to have what you are looking for. Additional studies are continually being added to the software. If you don't see what you need, feel free to submit a request.
- Overlays - Overlay many popular studies on the price graph
- Study Graphs - Plot studies in a separate resizeable graph.
- Plot Multiple Instruments - Display and track multiple instruments on the same Price Graph.
Monitor and filter real time news feeds to keep your finger on the pulse of the market. News stories can be read directly in our news viewer. News headlines are available directly on the chart. React quickly to current events as they happen.
Analysis File Management
Create alternate analyses to explore other 'what if' scenarios concurrently with your primary view. All analysis files are managed in a local database. Import and Export analysis files to share with other people.
Compact Charts and Arrangement
Use Compact Charts to maximize your screen space. Automatically size and position your charts on a monitor by using our unique Tile Windows feature.
Trading and Order Management
With integrated trading, MotiveWave makes it easy to place and adjust orders. Manage all of your orders directly from the console. Even orders placed outside MotiveWave can be displayed and adjusted (depending on Broker Support).
Trade history can be plotted directly on a chart visually indicating where you have entered and exited positions in the past. All of your trade history may be viewed in tabular format from the console.
Manage all of your orders in one location. The console contains an order management panel that displays all outstanding orders. From here you can create new orders, adjust or cancel existing orders.
Streamline your order entry by configuring commonly used order sizes, increments and stops. Presets can be adjusted for instrument types as well as specifically for an instrument.
Workspaces may be used to separate different brokerage accounts. Each workspace instance contains its own local database instance that stores all information related to that workspace. This includes the following:
- Instrument Data: An Instrument represents a specific stock, futures contract, option, index, forex pair etc. Specific information related to each instrument is stored locally. The exact type of information stored is dependent on the broker and the type of instrument. Instrument Organizer state is also stored in the workspace. This includes all instrument folders, their configuration state and the instruments that they contain.
- Chart Data: Chart data downloaded from your data service is cached locally to improve the performance and enable access to your charts when the data service is not available. Data is stored in the following bar sizes: 1 Minute, 5 Minute, 30 Minute, 1 Day
- Analysis Files: Charts are used to display historical and real time data for a specific instrument as well as the analysis (eg studies, markup, trend lines, commentary etc) that you have created. Analysis data is saved in the workspace and associated with the given instrument. This information may be exported in XML format and shared with other MotiveWave users.
- Window State Information: When the MotiveWave application is closed, the size and position of the console and all open charts is saved within the workspace. The next time you open this workspace all windows will be restored to the last known state.
- Configuration Data: Configuration data includes account connection information (passwords are NOT stored), theme settings, order presets etc.
MotiveWave themes may be used to configure an appearance to suit your style and taste. There are two aspects to configuring a theme: Window Theme and Chart Theme.
The Window Theme affects the style of all windows and dialogs. This includes the window decorations (title bar, menu bar, tool bar, status bar etc) as well as the menu styles, backgrounds and gradients.
The Chart Theme affects the style of the chart area. This includes the background, button, bar colors and default colors for text, lines and fill.
MotiveWave is designed to integrate seamlessly with your existing Broker or Data Service. This allows you to choose the broker or data service that best meets your trading style while still using the best of breed set of tools for trading and analysis.