- Calm overnight FX session in absence of any major news. The RBA minutes helped to support the Aussie, which rose to 1.0515.
- Stocks: Nikkei +0.12 %, Hang Seng -0.40 %, Shanghai Composite Dow Jones -0.03, S+P500 flat.
- The Reserve Bank of Australia signaled confidence domestic growth would weather a "fragile" global economy in its decision earlier this month to maintain the highest borrowing costs in the developed world. "Domestically, the economy was forecast to grow around trend pace over the medium term," according to minutes of the Aug. 7 policy meeting. "The risk of significant economic and financial disruption in the euro area continued to cloud the outlook." RBA on SNB: "While some of these purchases were retained in euros, a sizable share was converted into other currencies, including a modest amount in the Australian dollar," the minutes said.
- Australia's resource boom unexpectedly losing momentum at a rapid pace - Wall Street Journal
- Japan Data Recap Period Survey Actual Prior
* All Industry Activity Index mom June 0.2 % 0.2 % -0.3 %
* Nationwide Dept Sales yoy July - -3.3 % -1.2 %
* Tokyo Dept Sales July - -1.0 % -0.1 %
- New Zealand Data Recap Period Survey Actual Prior Revised
* Credit Card Spending yoy July - 0.1 % 4.6 % 3.9 %
* RBNZ 2 year Inflation Expect. Q3 - 2.3 % 2.4 %
- U.S. forces could move against Syrian leader Bashar al-Assad, President Barack Obama warned, notably if he deploys his chemical weapons against rebels trying to overthrow him.
- 14:45 Fed Lockhart
- 09:45 Finland PM Katainen
- 10:30 Spain to sell 364/546 day Bills
- 10:30 UK Public Finances July
- 10:30 UK Public Sector Net Borrowing July
- 12:00 UK CBI Trends Total Orders Aug
- 12:00 UK CBI Trends Selling Prices Aug
- 11:30 UK to sell 2029 Bonds
- 09:00 Switzerland Money Supply M3 yoy July
- 09:00 Switzerland Real Estate Index Family Homes Q2
- 09:00 SNB Monthly Bulletin
- 14:30 Canada Wholesales Sales mom June
Have a nice day !