Currency Trading and Intermarket Analysis: How to Profit from the Shifting Currents in Global Markets (Wiley Trading)
Currencies are becoming an integral part of many investors' portfolios and have grown to be a distinct asset class in banks' investment products. While the mechanics of the forex market and the theories underpinning it have been widely explored, there has been little discussion regarding the practical intermarket relationships shaping currencies via interest rates, equities, and commodities.
Nobody is more familiar with this situation than author Ashraf Laïdi. As head FX strategist at CMC Markets—one of the world's leading forex/commodity brokers—he understands the forces shaping today's currency market and their interplay with interest rates, equities, and commodities. And now, with Currency Trading and Intermarket Analysis, he shares his extensive experiences in this field with you.
Following an innovative approach based on what still works and what doesn't in currency market analysis; applying charts and case studies to intermarket analysis in unprecedented ways; and weighing both old theories and newly emerging phenomena in this arena, Currency Trading and Intermarket Analysis will put you in a better position to assess shifts in economic and market dynamics and make more profitable trading decisions in the process.
Some of the essential issues addressed include:
- The latest commodity boom with a breakdown by individual commodity group and its implication for currencies
- The relationship between short- and long-term interest rates and how it can be applied to anticipate vital shifts in central bank decisions and turning points in economic growth
- The drivers of risk appetite in the market and their effect on foreign exchange
- Central bank currency reserves in regions such as the oil-producing nations, and the evolution of power between the Dollar and the Euro
- A gold-based approach to valuing the major currencies and determining their secular strengths and weaknesses over the past decades
- And much more
Currency trading has increased in size and speed, and so has its impact on the global financial scene. Having a solid grasp of these markets is no longer limited to figuring out interest rate and growth differentials. Currency Trading and Intermarket Analysis outlines the tools needed to understand the macroeconomic and financial nuances of this dynamic field and provides you with insights that are essential to making the most of your time within it.
- Hardcover: 304 pages
- Publisher: Wiley
- ISBN-10: 0470226234
- Product Dimensions: 9.1 x 6.2 x 1.2 inches