Trader of the Year Contest
The Trader of the Year Contest is back. Register now!
from June 2nd to June 28th
Residents of the US can't participate in the contest
- The FX Trader of the Year Contest 2013 is open to all individuals who are minimum 18 years old at the time of the contest start, excluding residents of the US.
- Every participant is allowed to have only one (1) competition account.
- Contestants can register at any time before the start of the contest and one trading week into the contest. All contestants must have registered by 21:00 GMT on 1st June 2013.
- All participants must provide full names, username, valid phone number, functioning email address as well as their country of residence. No personal information will be published nor provided to any third parties apart from to the contest organisers (AFB FX, FXstreet.com and MT4i) who will keep all information confidential. Only the username and country will be published on the contest ranking on fxstreet.com.
- Please note that the validity of the participants' information will not be verified prior to the start of the contest. Only upon announcing the winners will AFB FX verify their personal details. If the winners' information is incorrect, he/she will be disqualified and the contestant with the next highest Account Equity will become the winner (provided that he/she has provided correct details).
- Legal entities are not eligible to take part in this contest. Only natural persons can participate.
- Contest participation is not open to employees of AFB FX and FXstreet.com or their relatives.
- AFB FX has the right to disqualify any participant during or after the contest at its own discretion.
- The contest starts on 2nd June 2013 at 21:00PM GMT and ends on 28th June 2013 at 21:00 GMT, at which time all open positions will be closed and all profit and loss (P&L) will be realised.
- It will not be possible to make any transactions on the contest account before the start of the contest on 2nd June 2013 at 21:00 GMT.
- All contestants will receive an email signalling the start of the contest.
- All contestants will start with USD 5,000 of virtual funds in their trading accounts and will all have a leverage of 1:100. Neither the initial amount nor the leverage can be changed.
- You may open positions of any size (within the limits of the free margin on the trading account).
- Contestants are allowed to use all of the features of AFB FXâ€™s MT4 trading platform and use any Expert Advisors (apart from unethical trading).
- The performance of each account is based on realized and unrealized profit and loss (P/L) for the duration of the competition.
- The scores of the top ten performers at any given point in time of The Trader of the Year Contest 2013 will be showing on FXstreet.com and afbfx.com throughout the lifetime of the contest.
- The winner will be the contestant with the highest Account Equity. The runner-up will be the contestant with the second highest Account Equity, and the third place will be the contestant with the third highest Account Equity.
- The final Account Equity will be determined by the 9:00pm GMT closing prices on 28th June Â 2013, the last business day of the contest. Keep in mind that all open positions will be closed and all profit and loss of open trades will be realised.
- In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by raffle.
- Breaching the contest conditions will disqualify the trader from this contest and from any of the prizes.
- Participants agree that any and all claims, disputes and causes of action arising out of or related to the Contest shall be decided on by AFB FX only.
- You should read these rules and Terms and Conditions carefully and adhere to them during the contest. Ignorance of these rules will not be considered legitimate grounds for a complaint.
5,000 USD Live trading account* with AFB FX
2,000 USD Live trading account* with AFB FX
*Only profit made in this trading account can be withdrawn. The live trading account will be provided on the condition that the live account application of the winner is successful, complete with all necessary supporting documents.