Every week, we are publishing the Experts Forecast Currencies Poll. A pool of selected traders and analysts gives us their targets for the major currencies for the week, month and quarter to come. They also indicate the whole trend in these periods.
The report includes a visual table for each pair, as well as the comments that the experts might have added to their analysis.
Agree or disagree? Comments? Your own forecast? Post your thoughts in the Forecasts discussion group!
Experts: Gonçalo Moreira, Guillermo Alcalá, Alberto Muñoz, Valeria Bednarik, James Chen, Dr. Sivaraman, ecPulse.com, Ilian Yotov, Mauricio Carrillo, Adam Narczewski, Anna Coulling, Yohay Elam, Mohammed Isah, Derek Frey, Ross Yamashita, César Leiceaga, Bijoy Kar, Anton Kolganov.
- Anna Coulling: Provided there is no BOJ or other bank intervention picture remains bearish. Any move below 80.36 will open the way to further downwards pressure.
- ecPulse.com: 78.60 should hold to keep our expectations valid
- Ilian Yotov: The potential for more G7 interventions should not be excluded and could assist the USD in forming a new base above the historic post WWII lows for the USD/JPY pair.
- Dr. Sivaraman: Swing and rise moves may be seen
- Yohay Elam: The Japanese economy was struggling also before the earthquake and the damage is severe. Together with the international effort to weaken the yen and the bounce back up, Dollar/Yen has room to rise.
- Mohammed Isah: The pair remains biased to the downside long term but now faces a recovery higher following its recent weakness. We retain our long term bearish call in three months.
- Bearish: Belief that a particular currency is about to fall in value; understood as a general pessimistic trend about the state of that given currency.
- Bullish: Belief that a particular currency is about to rise in value; understood as a general optimism about the state of that given currency.
- Sideways: A sideways trend manifests when the volume of a currency pair bought and the volume of the same pair sold at a particular price are in balance or nearly in balance.
This forecast has just an informative meaning and cannot be treated as the guide to action, signal, recommendation or an offer to carry out certain trading operation.The experts of this poll expresses personal opinions and will not assume any responsibility whatsoever for the actions of the reader.We always aim for maximum accuracy, and FXstreet.com cannot be held responsible for inaccurate information or typos.